Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

charky wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:

"Chromatic Advisor"
"Risk Aversion"
"Flower Children"
"Baby Boomer Nights"
"Blind Imagination"
"Sin Taxi"
"Pennywhistle Thunder"
"Polvo"
"Mr. Jolly"
"Jo Jo's Jacket"
"Deado"
"Surreal Teenagers"

"Anne"
"Cherry Area"

....and, this one. Whatever the heck it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmu3fabz3jmj9 … 3.mp3?dl=0

RIGHT ON!!   I REALLY like this SH outtake - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zfsor0




WOW!!!! Where did this lil' gem come from!? Whats the date of the show!? I have NEVER heard this one!

AWESOME!!!!

I mean, it's not the best Jicks tune ever, but it's definitely inspiring, and could maybe be a B-Side for the record!?
You never know!

I'm stoked though.

Find me a date, if possible. I don't know how I could've missed a show, especially with a new tune being played!
I'm practically OCD about these things!

Thanks, again!

now, they're gonna burn me....

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

fattyma4 wrote:
charky wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:

"Chromatic Advisor"
"Risk Aversion"
"Flower Children"
"Baby Boomer Nights"
"Blind Imagination"
"Sin Taxi"
"Pennywhistle Thunder"
"Polvo"
"Mr. Jolly"
"Jo Jo's Jacket"
"Deado"
"Surreal Teenagers"

"Anne"
"Cherry Area"

....and, this one. Whatever the heck it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmu3fabz3jmj9 … 3.mp3?dl=0

RIGHT ON!!   I REALLY like this SH outtake - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zfsor0




WOW!!!! Where did this lil' gem come from!? Whats the date of the show!? I have NEVER heard this one!

AWESOME!!!!

I mean, it's not the best Jicks tune ever, but it's definitely inspiring, and could maybe be a B-Side for the record!?
You never know!

I'm stoked though.

Find me a date, if possible. I don't know how I could've missed a show, especially with a new tune being played!
I'm practically OCD about these things!

Thanks, again!

Is there some way to share that one other than on a site that asks for your cc first? That weirded me out.

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

kate h wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:
charky wrote:

RIGHT ON!!   I REALLY like this SH outtake - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zfsor0




WOW!!!! Where did this lil' gem come from!? Whats the date of the show!? I have NEVER heard this one!

AWESOME!!!!

I mean, it's not the best Jicks tune ever, but it's definitely inspiring, and could maybe be a B-Side for the record!?
You never know!

I'm stoked though.

Find me a date, if possible. I don't know how I could've missed a show, especially with a new tune being played!
I'm practically OCD about these things!

Thanks, again!

Is there some way to share that one other than on a site that asks for your cc first? That weirded me out.


Which one? The DropBox or The Sendspace one?
I’d be happy to just email either one to you.

now, they're gonna burn me....

29 (edited by kate h 2018-05-26 02:48:02)

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

fattyma4 wrote:
kate h wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:



WOW!!!! Where did this lil' gem come from!? Whats the date of the show!? I have NEVER heard this one!

AWESOME!!!!

I mean, it's not the best Jicks tune ever, but it's definitely inspiring, and could maybe be a B-Side for the record!?
You never know!

I'm stoked though.

Find me a date, if possible. I don't know how I could've missed a show, especially with a new tune being played!
I'm practically OCD about these things!

Thanks, again!

Is there some way to share that one other than on a site that asks for your cc first? That weirded me out.


Which one? The DropBox or The Sendspace one?
I’d be happy to just email either one to you.

Oh, thanks so much, very kind of you. Sendspace was the one that requires a cc (bad form).

I like google drive.

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Also: Independence Street, Surreal Teenagers and Houston Hades.

This is almost as good as my last signature.

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

fattyma4 wrote:
charky wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:

"Chromatic Advisor"
"Risk Aversion"
"Flower Children"
"Baby Boomer Nights"
"Blind Imagination"
"Sin Taxi"
"Pennywhistle Thunder"
"Polvo"
"Mr. Jolly"
"Jo Jo's Jacket"
"Deado"
"Surreal Teenagers"

"Anne"
"Cherry Area"

....and, this one. Whatever the heck it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmu3fabz3jmj9 … 3.mp3?dl=0

RIGHT ON!!   I REALLY like this SH outtake - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zfsor0




WOW!!!! Where did this lil' gem come from!? Whats the date of the show!? I have NEVER heard this one!

AWESOME!!!!

I mean, it's not the best Jicks tune ever, but it's definitely inspiring, and could maybe be a B-Side for the record!?
You never know!

I'm stoked though.

Find me a date, if possible. I don't know how I could've missed a show, especially with a new tune being played!
I'm practically OCD about these things!

Thanks, again!

2 months ago I posted this on the New Album Thread -
"here are 8 "new" songs from the Jagbags tour, most of them are untitled (I guess 2 of them are "Macon" & "Earth" but I dont know which...). few of them are really great and I find it hard to believe that none of those is going to be on the record. I know that there are at least 2 more new songs they preformed on this tour (and aren't on the link) so if anybody got more tunes - please please share. enjoy - https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/2sQ … agANzPi2zE "

so... turned out that none of those are on the record. I actually think that after some studio time the track Iv'e posted yesterday could have been as good as Brethren or better than Rattler.
Do you have any other cool new stuff from this last tour Fatty? I don't know the date for the aforementioned song, only that it's from 2015.
sorry for the sendspace link, I'm having trouble with google-drive...

32 (edited by bob 2018-05-27 02:28:29)

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

does sendspace really require a cc# now?  i haven't used it in years, but i recall it going a bit nuts with the "ads that pretend they're the download link" so maybe it was one of those asking and not the actual sendspace?

i can't even look at it right now because i'm on my work laptop and it's blocked

the boy your mother wanted you to meet

33

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Discretion Grove

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

How strange.... Sendspace is dead to us, now, I suppose.

I will take a look, and see what else I'm able to find, but I'm pretty sure that what I had, I had gotten from Charky's original Sendspace post. (Which I've just Dropbox Linked below, with one or two extras, as well.)


And, Kate, (and, whomever else) for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72xn181yl3gq … 02Eua?dl=0


Let me know if there are any issues downloading.
I have no Google Drive Account, as of yet.... Sorry.

now, they're gonna burn me....

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Holy hell thank you so much!!!!!

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

fattyma4 wrote:

How strange.... Sendspace is dead to us, now, I suppose.

I will take a look, and see what else I'm able to find, but I'm pretty sure that what I had, I had gotten from Charky's original Sendspace post. (Which I've just Dropbox Linked below, with one or two extras, as well.)


And, Kate, (and, whomever else) for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72xn181yl3gq … 02Eua?dl=0


Let me know if there are any issues downloading.
I have no Google Drive Account, as of yet.... Sorry.


How very kind. What a festive way to celebrate SM's birth but with more of his tunage.

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

kate h wrote:
fattyma4 wrote:

How strange.... Sendspace is dead to us, now, I suppose.

I will take a look, and see what else I'm able to find, but I'm pretty sure that what I had, I had gotten from Charky's original Sendspace post. (Which I've just Dropbox Linked below, with one or two extras, as well.)


And, Kate, (and, whomever else) for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72xn181yl3gq … 02Eua?dl=0


Let me know if there are any issues downloading.
I have no Google Drive Account, as of yet.... Sorry.


How very kind. What a festive way to celebrate SM's birth but with more of his tunage.


Damned skippy! Enjoy!

now, they're gonna burn me....

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

The original Carl the Clod, before it morphed in to Real Emotional Trash.

From Halifax, N.S.

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

caustic resin wrote:

The original Carl the Clod, before it morphed in to Real Emotional Trash.


Like!

now, they're gonna burn me....

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

namenamename wrote:
Jicky wrote:

Old Jerry. Old JerrY!!! I really want to hear that live just once in my life. (Gee, the ones  you mentioned would be really good, too, namesy.)

Especially with the Jicks, I always wanna hear the newest stuff, and I wanna hear WHATEVER they are excited about playing... But just one time, I want to hear Old Jerry being played right in front of my face. I just know I would shiver and laugh with happiness, and jump up and down quite a lot.

Hi Jicky! :-)

I’m sorry to inform you they played Old Jerry on the last tour when I saw them in Newcastle and it was very rad. But hey that might mean they’re up for playing it again.

I just remembered the existence of Asking Price. I’d love to hear that too.

It’s funny that he forgot about Astral Facial, I’d love to be so talented I could forget I’d written a song that good. I asked Mike about Happy once and he said it had probably disappeared. I think it turned into Gorgeous Georgie. It was SO good, I’d love to get hold of a old demo of that. That also won’t happen.

Astral Facial ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdHN8zm5JQ

41 (edited by kate h 2018-06-04 09:14:15)

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

partypiece wrote:
namenamename wrote:
Jicky wrote:

Old Jerry. Old JerrY!!! I really want to hear that live just once in my life. (Gee, the ones  you mentioned would be really good, too, namesy.)

Especially with the Jicks, I always wanna hear the newest stuff, and I wanna hear WHATEVER they are excited about playing... But just one time, I want to hear Old Jerry being played right in front of my face. I just know I would shiver and laugh with happiness, and jump up and down quite a lot.

Hi Jicky! :-)

I’m sorry to inform you they played Old Jerry on the last tour when I saw them in Newcastle and it was very rad. But hey that might mean they’re up for playing it again.

I just remembered the existence of Asking Price. I’d love to hear that too.

It’s funny that he forgot about Astral Facial, I’d love to be so talented I could forget I’d written a song that good. I asked Mike about Happy once and he said it had probably disappeared. I think it turned into Gorgeous Georgie. It was SO good, I’d love to get hold of a old demo of that. That also won’t happen.

Astral Facial ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdHN8zm5JQ

Excitingly new song to me but the lyrics are incomprehensible on that recording. Of course I am an increasingly old lady who is falling apart on every conceivable front so it might not be the recording but rather these old ears and very old bones. (Major knee injury today is making me cynical and bitter — hopefully only momentarily, but since I'm in it, it's coloring everything!)

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Brain Gallop

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

i'm on top of the world to hear witch mtn bridge on this tour!

i wish to hear grab it and gone in NYC


and OG carl the clod was a great suggestion <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zB1g0iCsjA

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

jickjoosment wrote:

i'm on top of the world to hear witch mtn bridge on this tour!

i wish to hear grab it and gone in NYC


and OG carl the clod was a great suggestion <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zB1g0iCsjA

I asked for Witch Mtn on the 2014 tour but Malk said "It`s too difficult!"
It appears some board members request have already been played this time spo somebody might have been paying attention!

Dynamic Calories
Elmo Delmo
Loud Crowd Cloud
Vanessa from Queens
It Kills
Out of Reaches

Bonus 1: Jake singing and/or Jicks changing instruments and they have before
Bonus 2: Any XTC song
Pave Cover: Shoot the singer/Circa 1762

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

kate! best of luck on the knee surgery! I realize I am two days late seeing this, so hopefully you're recovering already and Sparkling Hard all the while.

- Nathan

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

nguideau wrote:

kate! best of luck on the knee surgery! I realize I am two days late seeing this, so hopefully you're recovering already and Sparkling Hard all the while.

x2!

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

nguideau wrote:

(and setya...) kate! best of luck on the knee surgery! I realize I am two days late seeing this, so hopefully you're recovering already and Sparkling Hard all the while.

Oh no, not knee surgery, knee injury. And I blame Stephen Malkmus. This is squarely on his square shoulders. Look at the incontrovertible evidence:

1. Malkmus comes out with new record "declaratively" titled Shooting Off Sparklers.
2. Said record lives up to its hype.
3. Innocent whirling dirvishes such as myself are drawn into his hive of aural activity and as such, must dance. Must dance.
4. The songs cast a "light and dark" spell on me, as noted in the review thread.
5. I grow increasingly convinced that I can dance with impunity, that the spirits of the dance, Terpsichore and etc., if you will, are on my side.
6. Soon no move is off-limits.
7. Inevitably harsh reality rears its head, reminding me with a thud -- knee splitting into fast face plant -- that while I can still groove, cut the concrete, rock out, I may not quite be able to do so with the fervor of an unchecked 25 yo or even a lither 38 yo, Depak Chopra notwithstanding.
8. I find myself reduced to head bobbing.

The prosecution rests her case.

I'm going to sue him for gross indifference to the consequences of sound. I expect he'll be forced to wear the title "Saint Vitus the Younger" like a kind of Scarlet "S."

Meantime I've got a new high-tech super tight knee brace that hinges, a high tech pull on one that's more flexi for later, and am drinking tons of bone broth. I have two weeks until the local shows. Might I be able to pull off more than a head bob? I'm frightened but at least wouldn't mind being able to sway, too.

Already I find myself unable to contain myself when hearing the tunes. Just this morning after my shower I was getting ready and deluding myself that wearing the big brace gave me license to at least dance from the hips up (kinda worked but really pushes the edge of the tears.)

I'm going to try to cool my jets and actually recover. Thanks for the good wishes. I probably will need knee surgery one day but -- fingers crossed -- that time isn't quite yet.

And I forgive SM for being a kick ass rocker, even if I have to suffer for his art! At least it's an excruciatingly exquisite pain.  wink (And sometimes there's nothing better than just being totally still and letting the music enter me in space rather than in motion.)

Rock on rockers, #SparkleHard

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Geez, my reading comprehension is off the charts.

In any case, sorry to hear about the INJURY, and glad it isn't surgery, at least not yet.

And I'd say the evidence is conclusive -- Steve owes you a live song request and one of those sparkle t-shirts.

- Nathan

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

nguideau wrote:

Geez, my reading comprehension is off the charts.

In any case, sorry to hear about the INJURY, and glad it isn't surgery, at least not yet.

And I'd say the evidence is conclusive -- Steve owes you a live song request and one of those sparkle t-shirts.

YEAH! Right on. Let's see, I'd say, "We Dance," but that would be just like putting the knife in and twisting it.

So I'd go in another direction, something more diplomatic, like "Embassy Row." But the problem there is that it's one of the top 10 best Pavement dance songs ever so I'd just be tempting fate and possibly an international fracas.

I might just have to request a very safe cover song, no danger to my knee. I know --"4′33″" . Now that's avanti garde!

Re: what non sparkle hard songs would you like to hear on this tour?

Top 3

Jicks Songs:
Witch Mountain Bridge (on the setlist)
It Kills (on the set)
Walk Into the Mirror (not getting my hopes up)

Pavement:
Shady Lane (it's on the set, and he didn't play it at the show I went to on the reunion tour)
The Hexx
Harness Your Hopes (doubt I'll hear those)

It's pretty cool that they're doing no tan lines, but that's nowhere near the top best Pavement songs, imo.

---------- Do you ask that question often?
(\_/) 
(O.o)
(> <)