Topic: The Jixxx are Fake News

Just googling around a bit for videos of the first few shows, etc. It seems the Jicks have hit the BIG TIME, no longer immune to fake news?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1885717101726367

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDDgv3qKxI

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

setyabacksetyabacksetya wrote:

Just googling around a bit for videos of the first few shows, etc. It seems the Jicks have hit the BIG TIME, no longer immune to fake news?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1885717101726367

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDDgv3qKxI


That's so hilarious, especially the video. Who did that? Merry pranksters. Bwahaha!

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

kate h wrote:
setyabacksetyabacksetya wrote:

Just googling around a bit for videos of the first few shows, etc. It seems the Jicks have hit the BIG TIME, no longer immune to fake news?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1885717101726367

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDDgv3qKxI


That's so hilarious, especially the video. Who did that? Merry pranksters. Bwahaha!

I was thinking more along the lines of malicious bot than merry prankster. Think of it as.... Information dust.... piled over every one of us? It’s a violation!

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

Ugh, yeah, I noticed that the other day. I have been checking YT thinking KEXP will eventually post a high-quality video + audio of the set they did, and then all of a sudden a few days ago the searches were useless due to these bots.

- Nathan

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

nguideau wrote:

Ugh, yeah, I noticed that the other day. I have been checking YT thinking KEXP will eventually post a high-quality video + audio of the set they did, and then all of a sudden a few days ago the searches were useless due to these bots.

Sorry guys, I had no idea when I called it funny. There sure is a side of the Internet that sucks balls.

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

kate h wrote:
nguideau wrote:

Ugh, yeah, I noticed that the other day. I have been checking YT thinking KEXP will eventually post a high-quality video + audio of the set they did, and then all of a sudden a few days ago the searches were useless due to these bots.

Sorry guys, I had no idea when I called it funny. There sure is a side of the Internet that sucks balls.

It's one of those things that you can't help but laugh at. Crazy that something like this would "infect" what is a pretty niche area of interest. Life is pretty weird!

- Nathan

7 (edited by setyabacksetyabacksetya 2018-06-06 07:16:58)

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

nguideau wrote:
kate h wrote:
nguideau wrote:

Ugh, yeah, I noticed that the other day. I have been checking YT thinking KEXP will eventually post a high-quality video + audio of the set they did, and then all of a sudden a few days ago the searches were useless due to these bots.

Sorry guys, I had no idea when I called it funny. There sure is a side of the Internet that sucks balls.

It's one of those things that you can't help but laugh at. Crazy that something like this would "infect" what is a pretty niche area of interest. Life is pretty weird!

No reason to apologize; it is funny in a way.

It has to be data-driven right? Based on the number of clicks or google searches or some other metric? I suppose a decent press push for a new album and tour creates just enough buzz to draw the bot activity?

Re: The Jixxx are Fake News

i'm sure you can report them to youtube, right?

the boy your mother wanted you to meet